In this time of great need for many of our community, St. Sebastian’s will continue collecting food for Second Harvest Food Bank. Second Harvest is a non-profit organization that collect, stores and distributes food to Feeding Partners in six Central Florida counties including Brevard County. Partner programs include food pantries, soup kitchens, women’s shelters, senior centers, and day care centers and kids’ cafes. You can drop off your donations during drive thru communion.
Following is a list of the most critical needs items:
- Fruits (canned in own juice, no sugar added)
- Spaghetti Sauce, Pasta, Rich
- Canned meat/poultry/Chili
- Peanut Butter
- Baby Cereal
- Baby Vegetables (single ingredient preferred)
- Vegetables (canned reduced salt/no salt)
- Ready to eat Cereal (low sugar/high fiber)
- Canned Tuna/Salmon (packed in water)
- Canned/Dry Beans (low/no salt varieties)
- Baby Fruits (single ingredient preferred)
- Baby Meats (no meat sticks)
With Brevard schools opening in August/September, another option to help our community is supporting Brevard Schools Foundation Supply Zone with their Back to School Giveaway. On Saturday, August 8, the Supply Zone will be providing free supplies to families who cannot afford to purchase their own school supplies with a drive-through giveaway for 2000 students. You can help by making an online financial donation to Brevardschoolfoundation.networkforgood.com (please designate Supply Zone) or mail donation to Supply Zone for Teachers, 1225 Clearlake Road, Cocoa, FL 32922. Donations are fund matched via grant provided by the Consortium of Florida Education Foundations. Any questions, please contact Valerie Coles at 321.258.0876 or Doreen Yandell at 321.427.8788.